Professor Sue Yeandle, Director of the Centre for International Research on Care, Labour and Equalities (Circle), discusses how telecare can improve the lives of older people, particularly those who are prone to falls or have dementia.
Care-Connect have been part of a Leeds wide partnership, led by Leeds Older People’s Forum (LOPF) which has been successful in securing £6million Big Lottery.
Professor Priestley has recently been appointed as the first visiting professor at the Institute for Lifecourse and Society at NUI Galway.
Top ten in the UK
We are ranked in the UK top 10 for both Social Policy and Sociology by the Complete University Guide 2015.
In addition we top the board for Social Policy in the UK according to the most recent Times Good University Guide (2013).
What our students say
"Studying in California was definitely one of the best decisions I've ever made. I used to knowledge learnt to shape my dissertation. I would definitely recommend the experience to anybody; although it might be daunting, it is definitely an adventure you won’t regret." Rachel Woolridge, BA Sociology
- Centre for Disability Studies
- Centre for Ethnicity and Racism Studies
- Centre for Research on Family, Life Course and Generations
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Gender Studies
- The Bauman Institute
- Centre for Health, Technologies and Social Practice
- Centre for International Research on Care, Labour and Equalities