Dr Rodanthi Tzanelli and Maximiliano Korstanje are co-editing a special issue for the International Journal of the Anthropology of Tourism (IJTA).
At the start of June, an event was held in central Leeds to explore the gap between the dominant narratives on ‘welfare’ and those who rely on it for all, or most, of their income, and lived realities.
Dr Ana Manzano was quoted in The Guardian in an article on Iran’s legal kidney trade.
- Materialities of care: encountering health and illness through objects, artefacts, and architecture - 16 September 2015 — 17 September 2015 | Symposium
- Future Islands? Mobility, Creativity and Decline in Post-Growth Societies - 1 October 2015, 17:00 - 20:00 | Public Lecture
- Developing a Sociological Imagination for the Twenty first Century: An event for A-Level Sociology Teachers - 28 October 2015 | Seminar
- The state of the art of realist methodologies: pre-conference event - 3 November 2015, 9:30am - 4:30pm | Workshop | Celebrating Sociology
New courses for 2015
New for 2015 entry, BA Social Policy with Enterprise offers a unique opportunity to study Social Policy alongside Enterprise, combining the social sciences with business.
We have also launched BA/MA in Social and Public Policy which allows you to study both these subject areas achieving Bachelors and Masters qualifcations.
- Centre for Disability Studies
- Centre for Ethnicity and Racism Studies
- Centre for Research on Family, Life Course and Generations
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Gender Studies
- The Bauman Institute
- Centre for Health, Technologies and Social Practice
- Centre for International Research on Care, Labour and Equalities