Dr Rodanthi Tzanelli and Maximiliano Korstanje are co-editing a special issue for the International Journal of the Anthropology of Tourism (IJTA).
At the start of June, an event was held in central Leeds to explore the gap between the dominant narratives on ‘welfare’ and those who rely on it for all, or most, of their income, and lived realities.
Dr Ana Manzano was quoted in The Guardian in an article on Iran’s legal kidney trade.
- CERS Black History Month lecture: Dr. Robin Bunce - 21 October 2015, 16:00 - 17:30 | Public Lecture
- CERS Public Lecture: The Afterlife of Black Sociology - 2 November 2015, 17:00 - 18:30 | Public Lecture | Center for Ethnicity and Racism Studies (CERS)
- The state of the art of realist methodologies: pre-conference event - 3 November 2015, 9:30am - 4:30pm | Workshop | Celebrating Sociology
- CERS Masterclass: Decolonial Conceptual Methodologies - 3 November 2015, 17:00 - 18:30 | Workshop | Center for Ethnicity and Racism Studies (CERS)
New courses for 2015
New for 2015 entry, BA Social Policy with Enterprise offers a unique opportunity to study Social Policy alongside Enterprise, combining the social sciences with business.
We have also launched BA/MA in Social and Public Policy which allows you to study both these subject areas achieving Bachelors and Masters qualifcations.
- Centre for Disability Studies
- Centre for Ethnicity and Racism Studies
- Centre for Research on Family, Life Course and Generations
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Gender Studies
- The Bauman Institute
- Centre for Health, Technologies and Social Practice
- Centre for International Research on Care, Labour and Equalities