Lecturer in Social Research Methods, Disability and Deviance, Dr Andrea Hollomotz, has recently been recognised by the ESRC for her research into Adapted Sex Offender Treatment Programs (ASOTPs).
Dr Paton raises important questions about how the games are working for some Glaswegians.
Writing for The Conversation, Dr Jana Javornik discusses whether the new Shared Parental Leave scheme, which could come into force later this year, is a good idea in practice.
Top ten in the UK
We are ranked in the UK top 10 for both Social Policy and Sociology by the Complete University Guide 2015.
In addition we top the board for Social Policy in the UK according to the most recent Times Good University Guide (2013).
What our students say
"Studying in California was definitely one of the best decisions I've ever made. I used to knowledge learnt to shape my dissertation. I would definitely recommend the experience to anybody; although it might be daunting, it is definitely an adventure you won’t regret." Rachel Woolridge, BA Sociology
- Centre for Disability Studies
- Centre for Ethnicity and Racism Studies
- Centre for Research on Family, Life Course and Generations
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Gender Studies
- The Bauman Institute
- Centre for Health, Technologies and Social Practice
- Centre for International Research on Care, Labour and Equalities