Dr Mark Monaghan is featured in an article which advises students about what makes a good sociology personal statement.
The AKTIVE project has published it's working paper series to coincide with it's conference 'Technology, Care & Ageing: Enhancing Independence'.
Professor of Disability Studies, Alan Roulstone, writes about the current lack of involvement disabled people experience during work capability assessments.
- BSA Annual Conference - 23 April 2014 — 25 April 2014 | Seminar
- Sexgen Seminar 2: Cultural Praxis and the Reimagining of Gendered and Sexual Lives - 24 April 2014, 13:00-18:00 | Seminar | Centre for Interdisciplinary Gender Studies (CIGS)
- A Precariat Charter: From Denizens to Citizens - 7 May 2014, 16:00-17:00 | Seminar
- Professor Jasbir Puar: Affective Politics: States of Debility and Capacity - 14 May 2014, 5.00pm | Seminar | Centre for Interdisciplinary Gender Studies (CIGS)
BA Social Science is an extended four-year degree programme, designed for prospective students that do not have the standard entry requirements.
What our students say
"Studying in California was definitely one of the best decisions I've ever made. I used to knowledge learnt to shape my dissertation. I would definitely recommend the experience to anybody; although it might be daunting, it is definitely an adventure you won’t regret." Rachel Woolridge, BA Sociology
- Centre for Disability Studies
- Centre for Ethnicity and Racism Studies
- Centre for Research on Family, Life Course and Generations
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Gender Studies
- The Bauman Institute
- Centre for Health, Technologies and Social Practice
- Centre for International Research on Care, Labour and Equalities