Dr Ana Manzano was quoted in The Guardian in an article on Iran’s legal kidney trade.
We are delighted to announce that current second year students studying in the Faculty of Education, Social Sciences and Law can now apply for the Summer Research Internships Scheme.
As new rules on shared parental leave come into force this Sunday, Dr Jana Javornik, Research Fellow in Work, Care and Migration, comments on these measures as being a “light-touch solution”.
- Emerging research findings in sex work studies: unexplored terrains - 5 June 2015, 09:30-15:00 | Seminar
- Qualitative Longitudinal Research – an advanced workshop - 8 June 2015, 9:30 - 16:30 | Training Course | Centre for Research on Family, Life Course and Generations (FLAG)
- Researching relationships across generations and through time - 9 June 2015 | Conference | Centre for Research on Family, Life Course and Generations (FLAG), Celebrating Sociology
- BA Social Science – Celebrating 10 Successful Years - 18 June 2015, 12:00 - 15:00 | Workshop | Celebrating Sociology
New courses for 2015
New for 2015 entry, BA Social Policy with Enterprise offers a unique opportunity to study Social Policy alongside Enterprise, combining the social sciences with business.
We have also launched BA/MA in Social and Public Policy which allows you to study both these subject areas achieving Bachelors and Masters qualifcations.
- Centre for Disability Studies
- Centre for Ethnicity and Racism Studies
- Centre for Research on Family, Life Course and Generations
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Gender Studies
- The Bauman Institute
- Centre for Health, Technologies and Social Practice
- Centre for International Research on Care, Labour and Equalities
BA Social Science
This is is an extended four-year degree programme, designed for prospective students that do not have the standard entry requirements.
Upon successful completion of the first year students can progress onto a range of undergraduate courses including BA Sociology.
Applications deadline 30 June 2015.