Taught postgraduate courses
We offer taught MA degree programmes in the areas of sociology, racism and diversity, disability and gender.
Research postgraduate degrees
Our School is one of the leading providers of research and graduate training in the country.
Study with us
Our school is a major centre of research and graduate training, and has produced leading academic figures in their fields.
We are home to seven major research centres, specialising in the broad areas of Disability, Racism and Ethnicity, Family and the Lifecourse, Labour Markets and Care, Health Technologies and Social Practice, and Gender.
These areas of research expertise are linked to our taught MA programmes, ensuring that all our teaching is supported by the latest research findings.
Our research centres
- Centre for Disability Studies (CDS)
- Centre for Ethnicity and Racism Studies (CERS)
- Centre for Research on Family, Life Course and Generations (FLAG)
- Centre for International Research on Care, Labour and Equalities (CIRCLE)
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Gender Studies (CIGS)
- The Bauman Institute
- Centre for Health, Technologies and Social Practice (THeSP)
I found MA Disability Studies by Distance Learning to be an excellent, well organised course with flexible tutors and a lot of support from afar. The virtual library and disability archive were totally invaluable for my learning.