Taught postgraduate courses
We offer taught MA degree programmes in the areas of sociology, racism and diversity, disability and gender.
Research postgraduate degrees
Our School is one of the leading providers of research and graduate training in the country.
Study with us
Our school is a major centre of research and graduate training, and has produced leading academic figures in their fields.
We are home to seven major research centres, specialising in the broad areas of Disability, Racism and Ethnicity, Family and the Lifecourse, Labour Markets and Care, Health Technologies and Social Practice, and Gender.
These areas of research expertise are linked to our taught MA programmes, ensuring that all our teaching is supported by the latest research findings.
Postgraduate Open Day
Interested in a Masters or PhD?
Come along to our open day on 8 May 2015 to find out more about our programmes; meet current students and academic staff as well as taking an optional campus tour.
Our research centres
- Centre for Disability Studies (CDS)
- Centre for Ethnicity and Racism Studies (CERS)
- Centre for Research on Family, Life Course and Generations (FLAG)
- Centre for International Research on Care, Labour and Equalities (CIRCLE)
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Gender Studies (CIGS)
- The Bauman Institute
- Centre for Health, Technologies and Social Practice (THeSP)